Welcome to Song, Stage and Screen XV. The Paris-Lodron-Universität Salzburg (PLUS) and the Anton-Bruckner-Privat-Universität Linz (ABPU) are delighted to be co-organizing the 2021 conference. It will be hosted in Salzburg. Please see the call for papers section for details of the conference theme and of how to submit an abstract.
- Shana Redmond (University of California, Los Angeles)
- Derek B. Scott (University of Leeds)
- Lydia Goehr (Columbia University, New York)
Committee for paper selections:
- George Burrows (University of Portsmouth)
- Jaime Cortés Polanía (National University of Colombia, Bogotá)
- Donatella Galella (University of California, Riverside)
- Nils Grosch (University of Salzburg)
- Olaf Jubin (Regents University London)
- Hannah Robbins (University of Nottingham)
- Carolin Stahrenberg (Anton-Bruckner-Privat Universität Linz)
- Jessica Sternfeld (Chapman University)
- Dominic Symonds (Lincoln School of Fine and Performing Arts)
- Elizabeth Wollman (Baruch College, City University of New York)
Responsible organizers in Austria:
- Carolin Stahrenberg (ABPU Linz, Professor of Musicology)
- Nils Grosch (PLUS Salzburg, Professor of Musicology, Head of the Department of Art history, Musicology and Dance Studies).
- In order to enable persons to participate who will not be able to come to Salzburg physically, a restricted number of presenters will be offered the option of delivering their papers virtually in form of a video conference.
- Should a travel warning (e.g. covid19) make it impossible to present in person then conference papers can also be presented online/digitally, but the default conference aim is to encourage in person intellectual exchange and debate by holding the conference on-site in Salzburg.
- The Local Arrangements Committee is also working to ensure provision of childcare for children of conference participants. In case you need childcare, please contact the organization team.
- The venue is barrier-free accessible.
- Conference language is English.
The conference will be organized in collaboration by the Paris-Lodron-Universität Salzburg (PLUS) and the Anton-Bruckner-Privat-Universität Linz (ABPU). It will be hosted in Salzburg. > Salzburg University (PLUS), Department of Musicology and Dance Studies, Erzabt-Klotz Straße 1, 5020 Salzburg, Austria.
*Image-Source: Milein Cosman: Fancy Free. Photo: Hubert Auer. Music and Migration Collections, University of Salzburg, Austria. With kind permission of The Cosman Keller Art and Music Trust and The Music and Migration Collections.